Device42 can be implemented in a modular approach which provides infrastructure teams with several levels of functionality. Data center teams can implement the core requirements to quickly and effectively manage their IT infrastructure. New functionality can easily
be added at any time, building on the core capabilities to adapt to new or changing requirements.
01. Device42 Core
Device42 Core provides a comprehensive set of capabilities for managing your IT ecosystem, including:
INFRASTRUCTURE AND INFRASTRUCTURE-AS- A-SERVICE (IAAS) DISCOVERY
Device42 provides agentless and automatic discovery of all your IT assets, including physical, virtual and cloud components, storage and network switching, bare metal servers, chassis and blades, hypervisors, IP subnets, and cloud services.
- SNMP, IPMI, RedFish, and Cisco UCS discovery
- Physical and virtual infrastructure
- Load balancer discovery
- AWS, Azure, GCP, and Oracle
- Container discovery for Docker and Kubernetes
- Cisco UCS Manager Auto-discovery
AUTO-POPULATING CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT DATABASE (CMDB)
Device42’s CMDB provides a single source of IT asset truth within your organization, allowing you to identify, manage, and verify all configuration items (CI) in your environment.
- Pre-configured CMDB
- Audit history for all events
- Time series impact
- Asset visualizations
- Integrations with most
IT service management (ITSM) platforms including ServiceNow, Jira Service Desk, and Freshservice
Device42’s powerful data center infrastructure management (DCIM) capabilities have revolutionized the way your IT department can manage data centers. With strategic data center management and visualization tools, you have access to intelligent data center diagrams that accurately reflect your IT environment.
- Data center room layouts
- Auto-generated rack diagrams
- IT patch panel management
- Telco circuit and contract
- Detailed device Information
- Spare parts management
Device42 provides comprehensive IT asset management (ITAM) documentation capabilities across all your infrastructure deployments.
- Physical and virtual hardware inventory
- Inventory assets on-premises
and in the cloud
- Predefined asset types or create
custom types to suit your needs
- Track and visualize relationships
- Auto-generate QR and/ or barcodes, plus built-in smartphone support
- Automatic warranty checking, reporting, and tracking
IP address management (IPAM) in the data center is a vitally important component to effectively managing the data center. Device42 provides centralized management of your data center’s IP address space.
- Centralized management IPv4 and IPv6 addresses
- Full VRF groups and nested
- Sync with DNS servers
- Automatically keep IP information up-to-date
- Provide subnet tree for comprehensive operations
- Integrate with VMWare vRealize and Foreman for IP Address Assignment
Device42’s enterprise IT password management centrally and securely manages shared passwords used between IT teams.
- Auto-generate secure
- Automatic logout on inactivity
- Easy search features
- Securely copy passwords to clipboard without displaying them
- AES 256-bit encryption for both storage and backup
- Complete role-based access
- Integrate with CyberArk and Microsoft LAPS to drive discovery with remote credential stores.
02. Storage Discovery
- Get insight across complex, multiple storage environments to optimize capacity, improve efficiency, troubleshoot storage issues, and identify storage trends.
- Drill down into storage arrays in your enterprise for status, capacity, uptime and
provisioning level information.
- Get a visual overview of your storage array framework that features resource maps.
- Deliver the reports you need for deep analysis of your storage requirements.
03. Software Discovery & License Management
- Catalog installed packaged
- Catalog installed patches
- Compare current usage
to license counts
- Detect prohibited software
- Track license agreements and expiration dates
- Identify purchased vs.
- Provide customizable
04. Application Dependency Mapping
Application Dependency Mapping (ADM) capabilities enable Device42 to auto-discover application dependencies and service dependencies on a deeper level across your entire network. ADM will identify groups of services that contribute
to a known application. These services are then grouped and the communication between these applications, other services, and the underlying infrastructure is automatically mapped. ADM also gathers additional details as well, including config file data.
ADM is useful in a broad range of scenarios. You can inform migration and transformation projects with detailed dependency information. Downstream impacts from incidents inform lifecycle operations ITSM and DevOps.
- Agentless services and application discovery using native protocols with optional agents are available.
- Application dependency diagrams visualize application to device relationships. Map applications to servers, servers to switch ports, and users to devices and applications
- Use Application Impact Lists to reduce risk and potential downtime during cutovers, upgrades, and migrations by understanding application interdependencies and connections.
- Automatically discover application components for applications such as Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB,
IIS etc. including their respective software version information, processes, and executables.
- ADM offers detailed configuration discovery. View discovered configuration details for major applications like Oracle, Microsoft SQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL, ColdFusion, IIS, Apache, and more.
05. Resource Utilization & Cloud Recommendation Engine
Resource Utilization gathers statistics on a machine’s disk, network I/O, CPU and memory utilization over time. That data can then be used by Device42’s Cloud Recommendation Engine to provide the exact details you need to plan your next cloud migration. It compares costs between different cloud service providers (CSPs) to right-size your next cloud deployment.
- See up-to-date utilization data (disk, network I/O, CPU and memory) across your IT infrastructure.
- Get clear recommendations for sizing or right sizing existing workloads for AWS, Azure, Google (GCP), Oracle, and VMWare Cloud on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- This includes a user- configurable safety factor slider that allows padding of requirement calculations by your chosen margin.
- Use Device42 Business Applications to plan migration move groups.